Backup and Restore / Swap PC
It is necessary to backup and restore CMM-Manager when porting CMM-Manager to another computer, or re-formatting the original computer CMM-Manager was installed on. This document serves as a guideline on how to backup and restore CMM-Manager, including all configuration and user files.
Besides the CMM-Manager settings, depending on your machine/controller type, you may also need to:
Install controller device drivers or necessary runtime components
1. Backup the configuration and user files
- Follow the instructions found at: Create a Helpdesk File
- If the CMM-Manager programs and reports are stored locally, backup the appropriate files/directories
2. Is this software using a USB Dongle based license? If so, skip to step 4.
If the same PC is being reformatted and CMM-Manager re-installed, you will stop at the Transfer License step after the H2H file is created. This file will be used to place the license back on the same computer.
Once the soft lock is transferred to the new PC, CMM-Manager will no longer run on the old PC.
4. Install CMM-Manager
- Run the provided CMM-Manager installer on your computer.
- Follow the onscreen instruction to finish the installation; Restart the computer.
5. Restore the license
- If a dongle was used:
- Move the dongle to the new PC
- If a soft lock was used
- Complete the last step of the instructions at: transfer a license to a new PC
6. Restore the system configuration
- Launch CMM-Manager
- Select from the Ribbon Tab - System | Configuration | Import
- The Import Configuration File dialog box is displayed
- Select the configuration / .ZIP file that was saved in backup steps, e.g., “My_CMM_1.ZIP”, and click the [Open] button. A message will be displayed - “Please restart CMM-Manager for the new configuration file to take effect”.
- Click the [OK] button.
- Exit CMM-Manager.
Recommended PC Specs / System Requirements
Recommended PC Configuration * - CMM-Manager will run on Windows 7 and 8.1 however, these versions of Windows are outdated and no longer supported by Microsoft. CMM-Manager will not run on Windows XP. ** - Dual monitors are recommended for vision ...
Reconnect Helmel PMAC controller after Windows Update
Helmel DCC / PMAC controller Error: PMAC Error 999 - General PMAC Error See attached document from Helmel for help reconnecting PMAC controller after Windows Update.
Transferring a Soft Lock to a Different Computer
Important! Please be sure to Backup existing software before transferring the license. Notes: Once transferred, CMM-Manager will no longer run on the SOURCE computer. If the new PC / hard drive is a ‘clone’ of the original, the license cannot be ...
How To - Setting up a CMM-Manager Network License
To set up a network license, please follow the instructions listed below. Setting up the License Host PC Host PC as a license server and CMM-Manager Note: Using CMM-Manager on this PC will use one of the available licenses Install CMM-Manager Host ...
USB to Serial Adapter
When connecting to Serial device to PC with USB ports but no Serial / RS-232 ports, an adapter can be used. We suggest using the adapter below - this has been tested with all serial devices that CMM-Manager supports. USB to Serial Adapter (RS-232) ...