Backup and Restore / Move to a New PC
It is necessary to backup and restore CMM-Manager when porting CMM-Manager to another computer, or re-formatting the original computer CMM-Manager was installed on. This document serves as a guideline on how to backup and restore CMM-Manager, including all configuration and user files.
If you are unsure of any of the steps below or in the linked articles, STOP
. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance. It may be necessary in certain cases to direct you to your servicing dealer for advanced hardware support.
Cloning the hard drive to a new drive on the same, or to a new PC will invalidate a soft lock license. You must follow the directions below to remove the license before cloning the drive.
1. Backup the configuration and user files from the original PC/Drive
- Follow the instructions found at: Create a Helpdesk File.
- If the CMM-Manager programs and reports are stored locally, backup the appropriate files/directories.
- For certain controllers, it is necessary to backup controller related files (See: Backup Controller Related Files).
2. If the software is using a USB Dongle based license
- Install any required controller drivers
- Run the CMM-Manager installer on your computer.
- Follow the onscreen instruction to finish the installation; Restart the computer.
- Move the dongle to the new PC.
- Go to Step 5.
3. If the software license is a soft lock, and you are transferring the software to a new PC, then follow these steps to: transfer a license to a new PC.
This procedure will not work if you are cloning the drive. See step 4.
The license must be exported from the old drive before cloning.
5. Restore the system configuration
- Launch CMM-Manager
- Select from the Ribbon Tab - System | Configuration | Import
- The Import Configuration File dialog box is displayed
- Select the configuration / .ZIP file that was saved in backup steps, e.g., “My_CMM_1.ZIP”, and click the [Open] button. A message will be displayed - “Please restart CMM-Manager for the new configuration file to take effect”.
- Click the [OK] button.
- Restart CMM-Manager.
Backup / Restore a License to an Existing PC or a Cloned Hard Drive
Important! Please be sure to Back up the existing software before removing the license for reformatting or cloning. In all cases, you must have a 2nd PC with CMM-Manager installed as a temporary intermediate place to store the license. It cannot be ...
Recommended PC Specs / System Requirements
Recommended PC Configuration * - CMM-Manager will run on Windows 7 and 8.1 however, these versions of Windows are outdated and no longer supported by Microsoft. CMM-Manager will not run on Windows XP. ** - Dual monitors are recommended for vision ...
Using layouts / Transferring custom layouts to a new computer or version of CMM-Manager
Users have the ability to create and save/load custom layouts in CMM-Manager. Creating, Saving, and Loading Layouts To create a new layout: Configure the interface to meet your needs. This can include DRO location, pinned / unpinned windows, window ...
Transferring a Soft Lock to a Different Computer
Important! Please be sure to Backup existing software before transferring the license. Notes: CMM-Manager must first be installed on the new computer before proceeding. If the new PC / hard drive is a ‘clone’ of the original, the license cannot be ...
Reconnect Helmel PMAC controller after Windows Update
Helmel DCC / PMAC controller Error: PMAC Error 999 - General PMAC Error See attached document from Helmel for help reconnecting PMAC controller after Windows Update.