- Once transferred, CMM-Manager will no longer run on the SOURCE computer.
- If the new PC / hard drive is a ‘clone’ of the original, the license cannot be transferred using this procedure.
- It is strongly recommended that you create a Help Desk File before beginning the license transfer process.
- This procedure cannot be used to transfer a license between Nikon branded versions of CMM-Manager (3.10 and earlier) and QxSoft QxSoft branded versions of CMM-Manager (2020 and later).
- If you are transferring a Soft Lock between Nikon branded versions of CMM-Manager (3.10 or earlier), replace the name ‘QxSoft’ in paths with ‘Nikon Metrology.’ The RUS utility is named ‘License Remote Update System’ for Nikon and ‘QxSoft License RUS’ for QxSoft in the Windows start menu.
- The transfer process will not work with all previous versions of CMM-Manager. The only way to know is to try.
- Windows start menu locations will appear differently based on your Windows version.
"Cliff's Notes" version of the instructions:
Pay very close attention to the terms "new" and "old".
- Generate a computer identifier code on the new computer
- Transfer this file from the new computer to the old computer and import that into the license transfer utility on the old computer
- Update the license on the old computer to use the new computer identifier code
- Transfer this license file from the old computer to the new computer and apply
- This sequence begins on the new computer, moves the the old computer, and finishes back on the new computer.
On the RECIPIENT computer (the computer you are transferring the license to):