Obtaining, Installing, and Upgrading Licenses
These instructions do not apply to obtaining a Trial License using the automated Trial License request process.
License requests, installation, and upgrades are handled by the QxSoft License RUS (Remote Update System). This application can be run by going to Windows Start Menu > QxSoft > Licensing and selecting "QxSoft License RUS." Details may vary slightly per WIndows version due to different methods of handling the Start Menu
To request a license or update
- Run the RUS utility - Windows Start Menu > QxSoft, and select "QxSoft License RUS."
- Select the "Collect Status Information" tab
- Select 'Update of existing protection key' to obtain an update (SSC update, or additional license, for instance)
- Select 'Installation of a new protection key' for a new installation or upgrading to CMM-Manager 2020
- Click the 'Collect Information' button and follow the prompts to save the .c2v file
- You will be prompted to supply a location and filename
- If more than one license method exists (a dongle and a pre-existing license), you will be asked to select the appropriate license. HL is a dongle. SL is a SoftLock
- Email this file to the appropriate email address indicated in the center of the dialog as appropriate for your area
To apply a new or updated license
- Save the .v2c file you have received in an accessible location on your PC
- Run the RUS utility
- Select the 'Apply License File' tab
- Browse ('...') to the location where you have saved the file and select it
- Click the 'Apply Update' button
- When the 'Update written successfully' prompt is displayed, exit the utility
If you encounter difficulties, please contact
How To - Setting up a CMM-Manager Network License
To set up a network license, please follow the instructions listed below. Setting up the License Host PC Host PC as a license server and CMM-Manager Note: Using CMM-Manager on this PC will use one of the available licenses Install CMM-Manager Host ...
Installation error on Windows 7 systems
Note: The following steps only apply to CMM-Manager versions 3.10 and above There is a known installation error that can occur on Windows 7 systems with the installation of the VC Runtime Redistributable. The install will make it about ¾ of the way ...
Recommended PC Specs / System Requirements
Recommended PC Configuration * - CMM-Manager will run on Windows 7 and 8.1 however, these versions of Windows are outdated and no longer supported by Microsoft. CMM-Manager will not run on Windows XP. ** - Dual monitors are recommended for vision ...
We have received several questions about Windows 11 and CMM-Manager. CMM-Manager is not officially supported on Windows 11. There are reported instances of issues with 3rd party drivers with no immediate resolution. It appears that CMM-Manager will ...
Using layouts / Transferring custom layouts to a new computer or version of CMM-Manager
Users have the ability to create and save/load custom layouts in CMM-Manager. Creating, Saving, and Loading Layouts To create a new layout: Configure the interface to meet your needs. This can include DRO location, pinned / unpinned windows, window ...